FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X setup edit panel for 4k

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sameer Ahmed
Final Cut Pro X setup edit panel for 4k
on Jul 24, 2014 at 5:45:28 pm

Dear All,

My budget is around 20,000 US dollars for two editing panels. I prefer to use Macpros and am looking at 8core systems. I know i wont be able to buy two 8 cores but one of the questions i have is what could be my second offline unit?

Even the 2nd unit could be used for sound editing purposes, so i would need good audio monitors fro both systems.

I plan to edit feature films, TVCs, documentaries etc and color grade them. Films would be shot at 2k to 4k formats, also RED footage will be accepted, and i would like a cheap coloring setup as an option too. I want high speed data transfer with minimum 12 TB RAID 5 storage capabilities. It would be great if both panels could share the drives.

For the bigger sytem i would like to have a cheap but high quality color correction monitor. I dont need the interface for color grading, i can go by with the keyboard and mouse.

Im going to buy all the stuff from Bangkok, Thailand, so if shops anyonow knows could be very helpful too. Im so sorry for asking so many things, but i nedd your help as im shifting from an old and dead g5 and macbook pro to a current state of the art editing system. I will be using FCPX for offline and maybe Resolve for Color grading.

Also i need advice upon the monitors sepcific brands, i would need a TV for references and a broadcast monitor..
Thanking you
yours
Sameer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]