FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export for audio corrections (FCPX)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Ferguson
How to export for audio corrections (FCPX)
on Jul 24, 2014 at 12:01:27 pm

Hi. I previously posted about being unable to successfully transfer a project from FCPX to FCP 7 - and after having no luck with that am looking at other solutions. The project is fully edited visual-wise, but the audio still needs quite a bit of work. Most people I know use FCP 7 and I was hoping to hand everything over to them but seeing as FCPX doesn't support omf files, that doesn't seem easy to do. I'm wondering what most people on here use for post audio, if not doing it all on FCPX - and what method they use to get it into that program. Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to export for audio corrections (FCPX)
on Jul 24, 2014 at 4:49:43 pm

Most people don't use video editing software. Well, I do when dealing with already mixed audio like when I do promos using fully mixed shows. But for raw audio, typically that is sent to an audio mixer who uses ProTools (or less often, LogicPro). For that you need to export an AAF. FCP 7 does this...FCX does not. You need to get XtoPro for FCX to send audio to a ProTools audio mixer.

Some one-man-band editors use Soundtrack Pro to mix their audio. For that, there's a SEND TO in FCP 7.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Ferguson
Re: How to export for audio corrections (FCPX)
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:44:11 pm

Hi Shane. That's the problem though; I can't get the project into FCP7 from FCPX. Already used the conversion software but some files didn't link up properly, so that method of going about things seems to be ruled out. The bulk of the audio is in the FCPX timeline so I need to get that out somehow, either with the video alongside it or not, so it can be used on either FCP7 or any audio editing software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]