FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Professional Pictures From Video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shitij Kohli
Making Professional Pictures From Video
on Jul 22, 2014 at 6:07:52 am

Hi,

I have an urgent problem, we had shot a corporate event & the client required video recording from us (no photographs)...they had their own in-house photographer, who for some reason didn't turn up.

Now the client is requesting some stills to be made from video & sent to them...this was a very important event for them & the images would have to be shared with all their corporate clients.

We had shot the footage on 5D Mark III, 1080P, 25 fps.

Is there a way where by the pictures taken from video can appear professional (i know there is a limit to it...but i really want to know if something could be done).

1. Currently i am taking the footage in FCP & making a still & transferring that into PSD file.
2. In the PSD file i make a duplicate layer & then use Overlay Or Screen Or Soft Light Or Hard Light to add detail to the picture, then i reduce the opacity to bring the colors down.
3. I have also tried using High Pass filter to add details to the pictures, but it was not solving the purpose.

I want to know what commands that could be used in photoshop to make the images look sharp & , if i can add a deviant to the pictures & make them look attractive (by color grading or by giving instragram type of look)....please let me know if anything could be done.

Kindly help!!!

I have attached a sample picture taken from video...i know the picture is not that sharp but this is all we have.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Making Professional Pictures From Video
on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:46:38 pm

Your attachment didn't work: use the uploading tool, the little still camera icon, third from the right, just above the box where you typed the comments, to post an image. We can't make more precise comments until we see what you have to work with.

If you shot the video in HD, you should have high enough resolution to make up to medium-sized stills. Not having seen the samples yet, I can't tell you much. If this is really that important, I would hand off the stills you exported to a pro still photographer and have him or her do your Photoshopping for you, as they likely have the right plug-ins already .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]