FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfering from sony NX5U camera to pro res logging old AVCHD folder files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gigi Harris
Log and Transfering from sony NX5U camera to pro res logging old AVCHD folder files
on Jul 20, 2014 at 11:48:14 pm

I am not sure exactly where to post this (haven't been here in a long while). I have a really weird thing happening in FCP 7 (maverick, iMac 32 gig Ram, i7). I have been shooting with an Sony NX5U AVCHD SDXC card and I set up pro res LT timeline and connect camera to computer. It starts the log and transfer process great. But this is the weird part. I had 72 AVCHD clips and it now is at 110 when I looked. So I checked the 73rd clip and it was clip 1 from a job that I finished weeks ago. Another name, a different folder. I cancelled rest of the log and transfer and deleted those clips but does anyone have clue one why this is happening. There is no other card in the camera except that 1 32 gig card with about 10 minutes left. Its like fcp7 just went hunting my hard drive for any AVCHD files it could find or private folder. I have been hating AVCHD since I started working with it this year, now I really hate it. Any help would be appreciated.

gigih7

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log and Transfering from sony NX5U camera to pro res logging old AVCHD folder files
on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:48:08 am

ONce you are done logging and transferring a "card" or card backup, click on one of the clips and press the EJECT button in the L&T interface. Otherwise it'll keep coming up. So all you need to do now is click on a clip from that old card, and press EJECT. Eject all the cards but the current one you are trying to import.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gigi Harris
Re: Log and Transfering from sony NX5U camera to pro res logging old AVCHD folder files
on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:04:45 am

So I get doing that in the log and transfer window, but this was a folder in another project folder. Still a bit confused. Could you explain further. I'm a little slow on the grasp tonight. I appreciate your help.

gigih7

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 21, 2014 at 2:13:28 am

Ah...Rereading that it sounds like there's more on the card then...if other stuff is coming in. Or you linked to another backup file somewhere down the line.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Gigi Harris
on Jul 21, 2014 at 3:50:25 pm

You know, I do a total media empty when formatting before each job. actually, it started loading all of the other wedding. I just ended it and looked at a couple of those files and then deleted. But /this was a new project and empty browser. I can't imagine how I could have been linked to anything else. It's like the computer and FCP 7 just went looking on my computer for all ProRes LT files it could find. Actually, that prores file folder was on an external Drive. I am still at a loss

gigih7

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 21, 2014 at 4:48:57 pm

That's an odd one then...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]