FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitle setting for FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Roberson
Subtitle setting for FCP
on Jul 20, 2014 at 3:28:47 pm

Hi I am trying to make a subtitle file with Inqscribe, what's the typical setting of text generator?

Inqscribe suggests center setting: 0, 200, it is not in the bottom enough. It also suggests text size 24 (Helvetica) - it looks quite big to me. What's your typical setting?

Also does FCP7 automatically support two line subtitle automatically? What if I need put one line English subtitle first, then use the German subtitle underneath - how to do that?

Thanks a lot!
George

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Subtitle setting for FCP
on Jul 20, 2014 at 7:17:16 pm

First off, what's "Inscribe?"

Second, for subtitles I use the simple Title Tool. Font size and type vary, but typically we use 20-24 size. And I have it ride the bottom of the Title Safe area of the screen. The center being about 350 on the Y axis. Mainly because we often go to two lines of sub and the second line at that distance hits the bottom.

Current show I'm onlining has the font size at 20. it all depends on client specs, and the producer's liking

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

George Roberson
on Jul 20, 2014 at 10:57:40 pm

Thanks. Sorry typo it should be Inqscribe - I guess that's for FCP substitle?
So how do you make DCP subtitle? After the video is exported from FCP or before?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:43:03 am

I subtitle in FCP, and "bake" that into the master export. I often have a texted and Textless version, so I have one clean of titles, just in case we need to do foreign titles.

Never had to do a DCP, but I'm guessing that the subtitles are burned into the picture....not a secondary vide stream like Closed Captioning

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]