FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C100 and Final Cut Pro 7 Log and transfer only showing stereo option for audio?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Swingle
Canon C100 and Final Cut Pro 7 Log and transfer only showing stereo option for audio?
on Jul 10, 2014 at 3:11:32 pm

So I am having trouble figuring out how to import mono audio in the log and transfer window on Final Cut 7. The footage is coming from a canon C100. I have read that there is a button that you can switch to link or not link audio or in other words make it stereo or mono in the L&T window but I do not seem to have this option?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Canon C100 and Final Cut Pro 7 Log and transfer only showing stereo option for audio?
on Jul 10, 2014 at 4:37:19 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 10, 2014 at 4:37:41 pm

Got a screen shot of the L&T window that won't let you unlink the stereo pair?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hugh Swingle
Re: Canon C100 and Final Cut Pro 7 Log and transfer only showing stereo option for audio?
on Jul 10, 2014 at 4:44:09 pm

Yes.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 10, 2014 at 5:01:18 pm

FCP 7 is 5 years old...3 years end of lifed. It might not have the most current options.

Try ClipWrap2...there's a free demo. See if it'll bring the audio in dual mono.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Hugh Swingle
on Jul 10, 2014 at 5:12:16 pm

This is true. Just trying to prolong the inevitable switch over to X, Premiere or Avid for as long as possible hahaha.

Thanks for the ClipWrap suggestion which I will do next if its not something that I can do within FCP 7.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 10, 2014 at 5:13:47 pm

Highlight a clip and look under the Import Settings in the window just under the video.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Hugh Swingle
on Jul 11, 2014 at 4:33:58 pm

Yeah same results when I highlight the clip.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 11, 2014 at 9:30:18 pm

...when you just highlight the clip...

OR when you highlight the clip and you toggle the Import Settings button on -- as opposed to the Logging button, which is currently toggled on in that screen shot?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Bryan O'brien
on Jan 2, 2015 at 3:00:01 pm

HI,
Just got my C100 & having the same issue.
Were you able to find a solution?

Bryan

Return to posts index

Hugh Swingle
on Jan 2, 2015 at 5:06:32 pm

Yeah it seems the only option is to transcode the footage in clip wrap or some similar program and then import into Final Cut. Not ideal but I guess thats the price for using a program that is no longer supported by Apple.

Return to posts index

Bryan O'brien
on Jan 3, 2015 at 1:16:13 pm

I guess old habits die hard!
Thanks for getting back to me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]