COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Sanchez
FCP Not Responding after plugin
on Jul 9, 2014 at 11:33:34 pm
Last Edited By Eli Sanchez on Jul 9, 2014 at 11:48:06 pm

This one gets a little harry.

I'm on an imac running FCP7

I'm cutting up a 6 cam performance that needed a lot of color work. I installed the Magic Bullet suite but the denoiser plugin seemed to be corrupted. Render times were long and often crashed FCP. I uninstalled the denoiser plugin but left colorista II and continued. All seemed well.

Now when I open the project it gets stuck at 48% and stops responding and I have to force quit. I trashed all the render files and thumbnail cache and sometimes it will actually open.

I tried to copy the timeline into a new project but this crashes FCP.

Right now I can't seem to open it. I've trashed my preferences and I am trying as many autosaves as possible with same results.

Are there more options?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Not Responding after plugin
on Jul 9, 2014 at 11:54:49 pm

What OS are you running? Did you uninstall Colorista as well?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Eli Sanchez
on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:04:38 am

I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Thus far I've left Colorista installed, I hesitate to uninstall colorista because of the many adjustments I've made throughout the performance. Will I lose these filter adjustments if I uninstall the entire suite?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:14:31 am

Yeah, you'll lose those. You'll get a big red screen PLUGIN MISSING.

See if you can talk to Red Giant support, because everything points to the plugin as the issue. Fine without it...things fell to hell with it.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Eli Sanchez
on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:22:06 am

Damn. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. But it's better than losing my cut altogether.

It's so strange it just opened for me for the first time in hours right now. I can work on it just fine until I try to copy clips over. The moment I hit command+C the wheel spins and it's over. I'm almost through with this project is there any danger of corrupting all the project files by continuing to attempt opening different autosaves?

I would love to just finish this up without back tracking all my color work?

Thanks for your advice btw.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:43:02 am

Wait...first try trashing your preferences...see if that does anything.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Eli Sanchez
on Jul 10, 2014 at 9:39:11 pm

I trashed preferences but it still gets stuck at 48%, it occasionally opens when it wants to which is the frustrating part. So far an hour is the most time I've lost trying to reopen.

I went through each clip and cut all the straggling denoiser filters but that didn't seem to help.

My only fear is that I uninstall colorista and the problem persists. Then I have to redo all the coloring hoping I don't run into any more complications along the way.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 11, 2014 at 3:31:10 pm

At a guess, you're running out of space in the boot drive to manage all this, because like oversized stills, heavy colorizing work is processor-intensive and needs a large memory allocation. How much empty space is left in the boot drive, and can you set your rendering controls to less processor-intensive settings?

Return to posts index

Eli Sanchez
on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:29:01 pm

I have 700GB on a 3TB drive. I believe that should be enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]