FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Time doing a Blu Ray and need really good advice.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Vincent
First Time doing a Blu Ray and need really good advice.
on Jul 9, 2014 at 8:43:07 pm

Hey Guys I tried to avoid it these past years but now I have to burn a couple blu-rays for a client. I just ordered a blu ray burner from Other World Computing and discs. So how do I get the best quality to play on blu-ray

The project was shot on Alexa and edited on FCP7 , the file I have is:

TRT: 18:40
Size: 16:9
Compression: Apple ProRes 444
Data Rate (that QT7 says): 261.24 mbits/s

So I have can get access to my works systems and bring the blu ray burner with me. They have all the programs; Adobe Suite, FC Suite, Toast 11 Titanium, and Sorenson Squeeze.

So what is going to be the best way to make a first play blu ray at top notch quality?

thanks

J

40tb Xsan

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: First Time doing a Blu Ray and need really good advice.
on Jul 9, 2014 at 9:57:15 pm

If you stay inside FCP7, make a master using Compressor, bring that into the timeline with the same settings, hit the "share" button and follow instructions. There will be a "first play" option in it.

Or See if Adobe Encore burns to BluRay: that will probably work better. If both of those fail, try Toast, but I think in all cases, your master quality will be set by how you initially compress the files in Compressor.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 9, 2014 at 11:31:29 pm

Adobe for sure. Comparing Compressor to Media Encoder I prefer Media Encoder. Also if you use the bluray H264 encoder settings then it doesn't re encode in Encore.

Encore is not the best authoring software but I have found it on par with DVD Studio Pro for setting basic menus but unlike DVDSP it does bluray which I have not had compatibility issues with so far.

Return to posts index

James Vincent
on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:20:23 am

copy sounds like encore is the way to go!

40tb Xsan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]