FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes 422 LT Easy Setup Option?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alok Agrawal
ProRes 422 LT Easy Setup Option?
on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:29:23 am

Hello Everyone,

I have a bunch of ProRes 422 LT files and I was wondering which option in Easy Setup would be best for these files. I am trying to edit these files in Final Cut Pro 7 and can't seem to figure out which Easy Setup option is best to format the timeline and project. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Neel

Return to posts index

Jorn Bergmans
Re: ProRes 422 LT Easy Setup Option?
on Jul 7, 2014 at 10:58:06 am

Hello Alok,

It might be there's an Easy Setup listed for Apple ProRes 422 - this setting defaults your sequence to ProRes 422 HQ which is the same codec used for ProRes LT files. The HQ and LT only represent a bitrate standard - HQ being 220mbit/s and LT 100mbit/s for HD video, if I am not mistaken.
Otherwise, select HD, with the compressor being ProRes ideally, or XDCAM HD if ProRes is not available. (be aware, setting it to something other than ProRes will require you to render your timeline to be able to view your edit in realtime!)

Having said that, I would strongly suggest setting up a project, and just changing the sequence settings by hand. This way you will have full control, and you can make sure your video and timeline are using the same settings.
You can pop up the Sequence Settings menu under Sequence -> Settings (yup, I know) or using CMD-0.

This will prompt a screen with several options, that you can set to your video's specifications, like framerate (editing timebase), frame size in pixels, and Compressor. This last options is the codec the timeline will use for rendering, so you should set the compressor to Apple ProRes 422 (LT), and your files should be ready to play directly in your sequence. (barring any effects or overlays)
If you are unsure of any settings, you can check your video's specifications by right-clicking a video in your Browser, going to Item Properties -> Format. This will display all the information about your video. Match your Sequence Settings to these for the smoothest workflow.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

William Carr
on Jul 7, 2014 at 6:03:36 pm

Another way to set up a new edit sequence, especially if all your source clips are the same format, is simply invoke a new sequence and drag one of the clips from a bin to your sequence and drop it in. A message should appear asking if you'd like to change the sequence settings to match that clip-- choose to do so. This way there's less chance of user error in manually selecting the various video and audio parameters.

Return to posts index

Gerry Santos
on May 14, 2015 at 12:50:25 am

Hello, I'm getting an issue when importing prores 422 LT iles to FCP 6. No matter how I do it, it requires me to render the entire sequence before moving forward, which takes a LONG time. Any advice on a work-around?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 14, 2015 at 3:03:15 am

If you drop a clip into an empty sequence, click YES when it asks if you want the settings to match. That not work?

OH...also...what are the dimensions of the clip? They need to be standard frame sizes, like 1920x1080 or 1280x720...or there will be problems.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

William Carr
on May 14, 2015 at 3:08:21 am

If you're starting with a new blank sequence then use the method above to create a sequence that matches the format of your source clips. As long as all those ProRes LT files are the same characteristics, you shouldn't have to render until you do something with them that needs it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]