Soundtrack Pro question...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Gotti
Soundtrack Pro question...
on Jul 6, 2014 at 11:31:02 pm
Last Edited By Oscar Gotti on Jul 6, 2014 at 11:42:03 pm

Hello,

A problem I have encountered today regarding sending an audio file from FCP to STP:

- My source media has 4 mono tracks. I have isolated the audio file i want to use, doubled it up into a stereo pair and have deleted all the other ones.
- I send to Sountrack Pro for noise removal.
- Soundtrack Pro shows my audio as 4 tracks (same as source), instead of the two I conformed it to on FCP... why is this so?
- Also, track number 4 is inaudible when I disable all other tracks on STP... why can't I hear track 4?

Thanks

OG

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Soundtrack Pro question...
on Jul 7, 2014 at 9:08:03 pm

You need just ONE audio track in STP for noise reduction?
Turn off the audio on all the other tracks.
Export an aiff of that track -- don't use send.
Do the noise reduction.
Export a new aiff.

And if you doubled-up the qudio track in question because it wasn't loud enough, you can also fix that in Soundtrack Pro.

I never use the send to soundtrack pro feature. It's always seemd a bit sketchy to me. I export aiff's.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oscar Gotti
on Jul 7, 2014 at 10:59:13 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, out of the 4 mono tracks that came with the clip, I only need to use track 4, which is the track where the boom mic was recorded.

Do you know why STP shows my audio as 4 tracks even though I changed it to a stereo pair? What's even more of a problem is that track 4 (the track I need), is always inaudible when I disable all other tracks...

Why do you think it is sketchy may I ask?

Thanks

M

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 7, 2014 at 11:09:11 pm

This sounds like an import issue. Can you import a test clip from the same batch of footage, taking great pains to ensure that all tracks are mono, and not stereo pairs?

I have never had much luck using ANY of the FCP "send to" functions. They never performed as advertised for me. Since I didn't need to use them -- there were always other ways to do the same thing -- I fell out of the habit of using them.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oscar Gotti
on Jul 7, 2014 at 11:13:54 pm

Hiya,

I have always had this problem to be honest, track 4 never seems to play to me even though I can see the waveform on it in STP... I have tried sending with a stereo pair, as well as using the source mono tracks, from different footage too...unfortunately I can never hear track 4...

It has never been an issue until I actually needed track number 4...

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]