FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 HD Issues with delayed editing and the dreaded Beach Ball.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Okun
Final Cut Pro 7 HD Issues with delayed editing and the dreaded Beach Ball.
on Jul 6, 2014 at 4:21:52 am

Hello Forum,

I'm using an late 2011 Imac 2.7 GHz Intel I5 8gb ram, OS X 10 7.5 and I edit with FCP 7 HD, I'm editing Panasonic AVCCAM clips logged into FCP as Apple Pro Res Proxy. All of a sudden I'm editing and there is a delay after every single move I make and I get the spinning beach ball after each edit try. It was working fine last time I worked and all of sudden it is not working. I trashed the preferences but still did not work. One option is that I'm looking to copy and paste the entire project into a newly created project to take care of any corrupted footage, possibly (this was a great creative cow forum suggestion) but I've created an offline project to re-connect at a later time after editing and now I am worried that I may mess something up when reconnecting full-res footage at a later date if I create a new project. Any suggestions would be graciously received!

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 HD Issues with delayed editing and the dreaded Beach Ball.
on Jul 7, 2014 at 6:09:15 pm

First, try trashing your preferences. PREFERENCE MANAGER does that, and it's free: digitalrebellion.com

And I don't think dragging the sequence to a new project will mess up the ability to reconnect via a "Batch Capture." Only in trying to find the footage in a bin.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]