FORUMS: list search recent posts

Visual glitches in t3i render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Weber
Visual glitches in t3i render
on Jul 5, 2014 at 7:07:53 pm

I have a large project shot with the t3i in its native format (encoding to my usual Apple Prores 422 Proxy would take too long for the client's needs. All the raw footage is on an external hard drive (Toshiba 3TB HDD). I can convert it, but would rather not as it would take too long at this point.) If I send the FCP timeline to Compressor to export it as an mpeg2 deinterlaced/Dolby Digital 2.0 192kbps batch, the render fails. So I thought I'd just export the FCP timeline as a reqular QT file, and then convert that, but the QT file has several visual glitches in it. Any advice I can get would be very appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Visual glitches in t3i render
on Jul 5, 2014 at 8:26:19 pm

[John Weber] "I have a large project shot with the t3i in its native format"

Bad idea...wrong thing to do. FCP doesn't work with H.264 well at all. We say this daily on here and multiple other forums. There are a multitude of potential issues that could crop up.

[John Weber] "encoding to my usual Apple Prores 422 Proxy would take too long for the client's needs."

Then you should have used a different editing application that edits this format natively, such as Adobe Premiere Pro or FCP-X.

[John Weber] " I can convert it, but would rather not as it would take too long at this point.)"

One trick to try is to go into the sequence settings and change the sequence compressor to ProRes 422. Then re-render. Not guaranteed to work, but it has worked for some. If that fails, then you can use the Media Manager and RECOMPRESS the sequence to ProRes 422...that will only convert the footage in the sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Antonio
Re: Visual glitches in t3i render
on Jul 8, 2014 at 10:24:06 pm

Not quite sure you'd be able to do this, but I think you might be able to export the sequence as an XML then import it to Adobe Premiere and link to the native .h264 files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]