FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I adjust color matrix in Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
How do I adjust color matrix in Final Cut Pro
on Jul 5, 2014 at 5:31:55 pm

On a recent shoot I used mostly Panasonic camcorders but also threw a few other manufacturers in the mix. I have a DSC chart which i shot and I am not attempting to match the color matrices of the cameras as a simple white balance using the 3-way color corrector will not cut it. I know i can go in and use the color correct and set a limiting effect and do that for each color but is there a better way with perhaps more controls and handles in one filter?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: How do I adjust color matrix in Final Cut Pro
on Jul 7, 2014 at 2:22:35 am

da Vinci Resolve Beta 11 has a chart match function built in. FCP has very rudimentary on board Color Correction.

Resolve lite is free software and almost fully featured so unless you need noise reduction or 3D then the free lite is all you need.

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jul 7, 2014 at 10:17:35 am

Quite an interesting feature. What would you suggest my workflow be? Bring everything in to davinci and then edit?

While this might be doable I'm not too keen on it since it involves another software program. Money is not necessarily an issue but I would like to stay within FCP. No one has created a filter over the many years FCP has been around that would give me these handles?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 8, 2014 at 12:44:04 am

One of the reasons Apple added Color to the FCP Suite was that FCP was not a proper grade finishing tool. Plugins like Colorista2 gave some more sophisticated grade functionality but editing in an NLE and then exporting via an xml into Color or da Vinci is the normal workflow for edit - grade- finish. Often people round trip and bring the graded footage back into their NLE for finishing.

In your case you might import all footage into da Vinci, use the chart match to balance the various cameras and then perhaps apply a grade on top of that. da Vinci uses nodes and a combination of track and clip based grades so you could do an overall as well as the chart balance. Output those files and edit in FCP. You could do minor grade tweaks in FCP to finish.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]