FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import TXT for transcribing interviews in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kat Kraus
Import TXT for transcribing interviews in FCP7
on Jul 3, 2014 at 4:50:05 pm

Hello there, I am trying to figure out the best way to transcribe a rather large amount of interviews using FCP7. So far the best option for me I think is to import a TXT file into FCP and that way interviews do not pause like when I click away to TextEdit. I can stay in the program so it won't pause. I found a post somewhere saying there is a way to import TXT via the EDL option but it was not working for me. Would this work or is there a better way?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Import TXT for transcribing interviews in FCP7
on Jul 3, 2014 at 5:52:18 pm

The best way is to do the transcribing on another machine. Or to export a QT file and play that back when you transcribe.

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "import a TXT file into FCP." Not sure what that means, or how it'll work.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kat Kraus
Re: Import TXT for transcribing interviews in FCP7
on Jul 3, 2014 at 6:02:54 pm

I think you're right that that's going to be my best bet is exporting it to quicktime. I'll give that a try, thanks.

Sorry, I meant that I wanted to see if there was a way to import a blank text file (.txt) that I could open in Final Cut Pro 7 and write on that while staying in the program so it wouldn't automatically pause. I read that as long as it was unformatted (an .txt file instead of .rft) it would work even though I couldn't save it through Final Cut Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]