FORUMS: list search recent posts

XEffects Flare Lights

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Steiner
XEffects Flare Lights
on Jul 2, 2014 at 8:42:02 pm

I have downloaded free XEffects Flare Lights, and MTT installer. Then put them in Motions effect folder. The motion sees an empty folder. Should I put them in a different folder? Which one. Thanks. Joe.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: XEffects Flare Lights
on Jul 3, 2014 at 11:36:01 pm
Last Edited By Roger Poole on Jul 3, 2014 at 11:42:45 pm

Xeffects has a new way of working. The plugins don't come with an installer, you can manually install by dropping them into the appropriate folder but that's where things get tricky, which is the appropriate folder? I ran into this and the answer isn't obvious but what's needed is the MTT installer engine which you download and install first. The Xeffect plug in which you have downloaded will contain all kinds of stuff but what you need to look for is, in this case, Xeffects Flare Lights MTT, now that you have installed the MTT engine the Flare lights icon will now display correctly. Double click it and the MTT installer app will open and show flare lights in the list. Bottom right click "install for this user", the apple authorization window will open, enter your password if reqd and you're done. The installer will place the plug in in the relevant folder, generators, transitions, text etc

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/41744/motion-template-installer/

Return to posts index

Joseph Steiner
on Jul 4, 2014 at 2:21:59 pm

Hi Roger. Thanks a lot for the reply. I did all of the above. For some reason MTT comes up empty to start with. The install for user button does not produce any results. Also I am not able to close MTT. Please advice. Joe.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Jul 4, 2014 at 3:10:11 pm

Hi Joe, I had a similar experience. However, I found that it works if you don't launch the MTT installer app. Go to your downloaded Xeffect file, open the folder and look for the file which has the MTT suffix, it should be displaying it's icon rather than a blank page with a turned down corner. If it doesn't display the icon you might need to reinstall the MTT installer engine because the file is not recognized. If it displays the icon, double click and the MTT installer app should launch and show your Xeffects Flare Lights in the list on the left. If it's there hit the "install for this user" (Your name should show at the top) Apple authorization window pops up, ok that and you should be done.

Return to posts index

Joseph Steiner
on Jul 4, 2014 at 4:36:57 pm

Hi Roger. It works like a charm. Thanks a lot. Joe.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Jul 4, 2014 at 5:27:44 pm

Good. You're welcome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]