FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ways to delivery 1080i for broadcast when editing 23.976

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nahbi Wolowitz
Ways to delivery 1080i for broadcast when editing 23.976
on Jul 1, 2014 at 6:26:47 pm

I'm really an Avid person so any info would be good.

I'm assisting a program that's editing in 23.976. Everything is 23.976. The director said we would transcode footage once picture is locked and we are ready to conform and do the online. I'm not sure I understand how we will go about conforming to 1080i when we are locked.

Is Cinema Tools used to conform the frame-rate? What are some possibilities? Do I do this before I send it to online?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Ways to delivery 1080i for broadcast when editing 23.976
on Jul 1, 2014 at 7:34:16 pm

How will you be delivering the master? What format?

You should edit 23.98 and online 23.98. The conversion happens AFTER you are done editing and onlining. If tape is the deliverable, all video capture cards can convert 23.98 to 29.97 easily. if the deliverable is a file, you can convert the final with Compressor and it will look fine.

The main issue you have to deal with is timing. If they want a 29.97 drop frame master (typical), and they have a set timing...you'll have to figure out what that is in terms of 23.98 NON-DROP...as 23.98 is a non-drop frame format only. So the timing will be different.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nahbi Wolowitz
Re: Ways to delivery 1080i for broadcast when editing 23.976
on Jul 3, 2014 at 4:41:48 pm

Makes sense. Now I believe we are doing the online prep in 23.976, then converting via Teranex at post house for the online.

Another related problem I'm having is that a card of footage was accidentally shot at 1080p29.97. So it needs to be converted to 23.976, but then there is either the sync issue or an audio pitch issue. I have Premiere and After Effects from CS3 at my disposal, so I think I can import those clips into one of the apps and interpret footage to be 23.976. But then I still have to deal with the audio which I'm not to sure about. Trouble is that this will all have to be eye-matched and cut back in at 29.97, no? Any guidance or ideas would be helpful...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]