FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Libary issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Gatenby
FCPX Libary issues
on Jun 29, 2014 at 9:37:35 am

HI

So i just got an update from 10.0.1 to 10.0.9. And i cant use my old libaries specifically one on an external HD that contains a whole project.... thee is now no option to open libary from the file menu and the new version doesnt even recognise the libary or pick it up. when i search online i am swamped by 10.1.0 related issues but cant find anything about the eralier versions.

Can anyone offer any help in getting to the bottom of this?

Thanks

Dean

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCPX Libary issues
on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:13:01 pm

There is no such thing as a Library in 10.0.9. Where did you even get an update to 10.0.9?

Return to posts index

Dean Gatenby
on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:46:12 pm
Last Edited By Dean Gatenby on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:23:35 pm

Basically had an old macbook pro which i bought from someone it had 10.0.1 on which i have been using.... just got 27" Imac and got the latest version of fcpx, couldnt open libary files asked a friend who gave me a dodgy copy of 10.0.9 and said it might update the libarys for use, but it clearly doesnt :(

so do i now have to setup all the projects and events as new in the new fcpx effectivley having to reedit all the projects i already did? think i'm gonna have to finish this off in 10.0.1 and then neever use it again.... what a palarva

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 30, 2014 at 12:51:51 am

Ok, so beyond your use of dodgy copies and copies that came on your computer, it does sound like you bought a copy of the latest version. Nothing before 10.1 will open something called a library. They didn't exist before 10.1. So forget about dodgy copies from your friend. Forget about 10.0.1 (that's 3 years old). Install the latest version to open the library.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]