FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 - Log and transfer randomly not working for MXF files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leigh Hubner
FCP7 - Log and transfer randomly not working for MXF files
on Jun 26, 2014 at 7:28:59 pm

Hi there

Sorry to be a pain in the butt. This is one of those really annoying problems that randomly occur.
So I have two C300's and have a millions hours of shooting and then using log and transfer to make them ProRes files. I loaded up FCP7 on my Macbook the other day and randomly FCP won't recognise any of the files. It loads up the list of files but there is no image. If I hit play on the individual files, it plays for about a second (no image) then stops. I can hear the audio playing but only for a second.

I tried deleting the drivers and installing them again. I think I did this correctly but I may not have. If anyone has a specific list of steps to uninstal the old MXF driver and a link to the correct driver then that would be super awesome to start with.

I don't believe there were any automatic updates that occurred so I have no idea why this has randomly happened. Any help would be great.

thanks in advance.

Leigh

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 - Log and transfer randomly not working for MXF files
on Jun 26, 2014 at 7:56:13 pm

So you installed the Canon C300 Log and Transfer plugin? And the XF Transfer Utility?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Leigh Hubner
on Jun 26, 2014 at 8:00:38 pm

Hi Shane

Yes. I did both. The XF utility still works fine and allows me to preview and the files no problem. It's just using Log and Transfer within FCP7 that is giving me grief. I tried loading up my XDCAM software but didn't work their either. I don't normally use it but I have used XD transfer software to load up clips and look at them etc. I'm wondering if there is some sort of issue with the OS rather than any individual driver. Strange that my desktop is still working no problem. I get so frustrated with this shit!

Why do things randomly decide to not work. Thanks again for any and all worthy suggestions.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 26, 2014 at 8:24:22 pm

Trash your FCP preferences. Preference manager from digitalrebellion.com will do this for free.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Leigh Hubner
on Jun 26, 2014 at 8:43:35 pm

Damn… trashing prefences didn't work. Grr!

Return to posts index

Leigh Hubner
on Jun 27, 2014 at 1:52:40 am

Ok so I found the problem as many other people were having the same issue. It was to do with the Quicktime ProApps not being current. I updated the ProApps QT plugin and everything works great… almost. A new issue has arrived. I'm working with two different C300s. I backed up both cards to separate folders. One card loads into FCP log and transfer no problem. The other card won't load and there is a message saying the media is unsupported or the directory is corrupt or some crap similar to that. Totally random and weird. Both C300s are shooting identical settings. All material loads up in XF Utility to be viewed. I can load the faulty card into XDCAM transfer software but FCP7 log and transfer refuses to see it. File structure is in place but no joy. Very very odd.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:18:24 pm

Well, as a last resort you can use Resolve Lite (free) to convert the footage to ProRes. Man, I'm glad that the software I'm sticking with reads this stuff natively...Avid and Premiere.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]