FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and capture from Beta tape using Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp deck w/ Sony media converter DVMC-DA2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessie Li
Log and capture from Beta tape using Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp deck w/ Sony media converter DVMC-DA2
on Jun 25, 2014 at 4:46:34 pm

Hi guys I'm trying to log and capture from Beta tape using Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp deck with Sony media converter DVMC-DA2. But every time I open the log and capture screen, it says 'no communication'.

From Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp deck to Sony media converter DVMC-DA2:
-S video cable, RCA video cable, Audio cable connected with RCA cable

From Sony media converter DVMC-DA2 to Macbook pro:
-Firewire 400 w/ firewire 800

FCP 7 settings:
-Capture settings: Non controllable device

Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp settings:
-VTR setting(Local/Remote) is on Local.

Is there special setting needed for Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp deck?
If there's anyone knowing the solution, pls share....!! God will bless you!!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log and capture from Beta tape using Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp deck w/ Sony media converter DVMC-DA2
on Jun 25, 2014 at 4:58:11 pm

You need to use the DV/NTSC Easy Setup. That's the only one that'll recognize an SD signal via firewire. And then set the UNCONTROLLED DEVICE...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jessie Li
Re: Log and capture from Beta tape using Sony UVW 1800 betacam sp deck w/ Sony media converter DVMC-DA2
on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:47:20 pm

I tried but now it shows black and white interlacing lines.....like old tv.....(Before, it was just black...)

But thank you though!:)

Return to posts index

Jessie Li
on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:33:48 pm

Do I need Rs422 control or Keyspan serial adaptor(I don' know what it is but I heard I might need this...) by any chance....?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:48:14 pm

If you need to control the deck, you will need a capture device that has an RS-422 port or you will need a serial adapter such the Keyspan you mentioned. It looks like your Sony converter has a LANC connector in the back. I believe that the UVW series of Beta decks had a LANC connector in the front of the deck for using simple jog/shuttle controllers. I'm going from memory and it's been a while... Might be worth a try.
I don't know if you have it, but here is a link to the operating instructions to the Sony converter.

https://docs.sony.com/release/DVMCDA2.PDF

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 25, 2014 at 7:28:17 pm

It's not needed...you just won't have deck control without it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Jun 25, 2014 at 8:00:15 pm
Last Edited By Richard van Harderwijk on Jun 25, 2014 at 8:01:57 pm

You said you connected both the s-video and the composite (yellow) cable?

Try only the s-video and the sound (red and white), perhaps the box gets confused by double video input (just guessing, don't know the device)

DV-PAL easy setup?

Return to posts index

Jessie Li
on Jun 25, 2014 at 9:30:41 pm

I did and now it shows 'VTR OK' instead of 'No communication' with pop up saying ' A new tape has been inserted, In the VTR, You may wish to change the Reel setting(I was trying to attach the image but it doesn't work for some reason...). But when I press 'OK' and 'Play', it shows black and white interlacing lines again.........

But thank you though!!:))

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Jun 26, 2014 at 7:09:39 am

nice, one step further :-)

try the other setup settings, it seems through the firewire you have deck control.
try the firewire-pal or firewire-ntsc first; and if that doesn't work the firewire-basic

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]