FORUMS: list search recent posts

Back and forth between FCPX and FCP7, some files unable to connect now

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Ferguson
Back and forth between FCPX and FCP7, some files unable to connect now
on Jun 25, 2014 at 2:21:31 pm

Hi all. I have a rather complicated project on my hands and unsure if there is an easy way to resolve the issue I have. When the majority of the footage was shot (on a Panasonic GH2 and Sony Z7), I captured it into my computer via FCPX. An editor then came on board and he was using FCP7. He was able to import all the footage no problem, then got to work on a timeline. He then upgraded to FCPX and used a conversion software to take all the work done in FCP7 into it. Again, no issue. The editor had to work on another project so gave everything he had up to that point. I now have someone else on board to just finish off the last few details but he is using FCP7 and couldn't open the xml. We got someone to convert the fcpxml to one for 7 and it at least opens up the project. Thing is, FCP can't find someone files to reconnect to as the names have been changed. There are loads of files in the project so it could take a while to sift through everything and rename.

Just wondering if anyone on here has encountered a similar problem, and if there's an easy way to reconnect all the files. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mark Ferguson
Re: Back and forth between FCPX and FCP7, some files unable to connect now
on Jul 15, 2014 at 12:28:55 pm

bump

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]