FORUMS: list search recent posts

Main Concept Mpeg2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Neumann
Main Concept Mpeg2
on Jun 23, 2014 at 6:09:45 pm

Hi,

I'm editing 6 x 25 minute videos for a foreign client. They would like the videos delivered as
1920 x1080i Mpeg2 MainConcept, PAL 50i (not progressive), 48k audio.

I'm not familiar with the MainConcept Encoder and need advice on how to do this. Do I bring finished exports to a third party to do this? Or can I do this myself?

I'm Editing this with FCP 7 on Mac Pro 4,1 Quad Core Intel Xeon, 2.26. My sequences are set up as XDCAM EX 1080i50.

Thanks in advance for any help..

David

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Main Concept Mpeg2
on Jun 24, 2014 at 1:03:51 am

Main Concept simply license codecs. That spec doesn't actually mention what matters. Data rate, profile, Transport stream etc. Also is the audio PCM or data compressed - 16 or 24 bit etc etc.

If you can get the real spec then you might find that Compressor can create exactly what they require. mpeg2 is no an exclusive Main Concept codec so if you get the proper spec and do a short test you will probably be fine with Compressor. If you have Adobe Media Encoder it seems to have a few more adjustable parameters including profile settings that will probably be important.

Return to posts index

David Neumann
Re: Main Concept Mpeg2
on Jul 2, 2014 at 2:53:14 pm

Hi Michael,

My apologies for not acknowledging your help sooner.

The points you bring up make perfect sense. The client's request for MainConcept Mpeg 2 is not enough. I'll ask for more detail.

Good to know that Compressor could be helpful with this.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]