FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export As Self Contained Movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Somodi
Export As Self Contained Movie
on Jun 18, 2014 at 6:37:10 pm

Has anyone had the issue of exporting as a "self contained movie" that it only exports 1/2 of the entire project?

My purpose of exporting this way is that any other export I do (eg quicktime conversion w/ diff codecs) is making my titles looks really bad. I am using the FX Pro Factory plug in for FCP 7. Titles always look fine in the timeline.

This project is in essence a photo montage (but very jacked up) w/ a lot of effects and layering going on. I don't imagine that will render my titles worse but maybe...

Also, I have wondered if my settings are not correct for the sequence:

Frame: 960x720 HD 16:9
Ratio: HD 960 x720
Field Dom: Upper/Odd
FRATE: 29.96
Compress: DV/DVCPRO NTSC

Any thoughts on either why "self contained" is buggy or how I can export a higher quality video to be played back on a laptop/projector.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export As Self Contained Movie
on Jun 18, 2014 at 8:05:58 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 18, 2014 at 8:07:14 pm

[Joe Somodi] "Frame: 960x720 HD 16:9
Ratio: HD 960 x720
Field Dom: Upper/Odd
FRATE: 29.96
Compress: DV/DVCPRO NTSC"

Of course, without knowing the precise nature of the original footage, this is all a guess.

Your settings aren't right. In what codec was this footage shot? That's what you should use.

Make a new timeline, drag a clip into it, and when FCP asks if you want to change the settings to match the clip, you say yes. Then delete the clip from the new timeline, and copy-paste the contents of the old one into the new one.

960x720 doesn't have any kind of field order. It's progressive. No interlacing. And the compression shouldn't be DV or DVCPro -- that's what's making the titles look lousy. It should be something like DVCProHD.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Export As Self Contained Movie
on Jun 20, 2014 at 2:37:02 pm

i agree that's a pretty odd sequence settings,
and DV NTSC will make your still images look pretty bad.

but as to the short export..
are you rendering before you export?

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]