FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP with FCE license?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roland Maison
FCP with FCE license?
on Jun 17, 2014 at 6:29:45 pm

Hi, ist it possible to run FCP with my FCE license? Or get an upgrade for a better price from FCE 4.0.1 to FCP?
Thx

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP with FCE license?
on Jun 17, 2014 at 6:54:07 pm

Sorry, FCP serial number won't work with FCE. Separate apps completely. And there is no upgrade available. If you want to buy the current FCP-X, then you pay $299, period. And there is no further payments needed for any new updates that come out. If you are looking to get into FCP 7, sorry, that doesn't have an upgrade path either. Because it was discontinued 3 years ago.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roland Maison
on Jun 17, 2014 at 7:51:32 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking for FCE 4.0.1 installation media because I lost my original disk. So the idear was that FCPX meight be a very small hope. I'm just searching any where to get those installation media or an image but that seems difficult. Its a pity as I have the FCE fully workin on my HDD and want to move the Pachage to my new SSD. Is there probably anotherway to transfer the program?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 17, 2014 at 9:58:09 pm

Final Cut Express was never a downloadable app. It came on an installer DVD, just like FCP 7 and earlier. There are no legal ways to download it. The only way to get an installer now would be to look for a used copy eBay or similar.

Sorry

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roland Maison
on Jun 18, 2014 at 5:13:02 am

Yea - thats what I see too. Thanks anyway. I try to find another local FCE user who can help me with that.
Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]