FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long- form Nesting Issue- FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan Jeans
Long- form Nesting Issue- FCP 7
on Jun 15, 2014 at 9:13:37 pm

Hi All, I have a unique problem that I can't seem to find any solutions to in the forums- apologies in advance if this has already been covered elsewhere!

I'm assistant editing on a long- form project, and a few of the early scenes the editor cut together have been assembled in such a way that may lead to some permanent problems.

The scenes were created via nesting, but NOT by dragging each individually cut scene into a greater timeline- what the editor did was drag and drop clips from the original reels (ie just the raw footage and audio synced up) into a sequence, nesting 4- 5 audio tracks into 2, then trimmed those to create a "scene." There are no consistent in/ out points on the original reels due to how the editor went about cutting. Now the editor wants me "un-nest" these sequences, realizing that somewhere down the line he'll have to get the audio mixed, and he has compressed the raw tracks down to two L/R tracks.

My question is, is this at all possible? It seems this problem supersedes the "command key" method used in some nesting, as well as any other solutions I've seen online. Is there a way to "un-nest" those audio tracks, or are the scenes going to have to be re-built from scratch?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Long- form Nesting Issue- FCP 7
on Jun 16, 2014 at 1:02:21 am

Double clicking on the nests should open them up in a new tab. Then copy and paste those into the master sequence. This or rebuilding is the only way. Nesting is always best to be avoided if you plan on sending a mix out...nesting is not suggested in many workflows.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]