FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are the correct Final Cut Pro 7 export settings to use when using Neat Video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Au
What are the correct Final Cut Pro 7 export settings to use when using Neat Video?
on Jun 15, 2014 at 10:33:31 am

I recently started using Neat Video to reduce noise for my video projects, but a problem I have been running into is that the video footage looks horrible when I attempt to export it through Final Cut Pro 7. It looks fine when I'm editing the footage in FCP7, but it looks terrible once I export it. What I have discovered is that the footage looks good if I export it through Compressor, but not when I export it through FCP7. For reasons that I don't want to explain in this message thread (because it takes a lot of time to explain), I need to export this footage through FCP7 and not Compressor.

So what I have discovered is that FCP7 is capable of rendering Neat Video footage to make it look good, but for some reason it exports the footage looking like garbage. I conducted a test and uploaded it on YouTube. Below is sample footage of the actual render file off my scratch disks that I uploaded to YouTube:

(Please read the video description for additional information)
And below is the actual footage that was exported through FCP7:

After you've read through the video description of those YouTube links, could you let me know if there is anything that I could be doing differently to get decent Neat Video altered footage exported through FCP7?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: What are the correct Final Cut Pro 7 export settings to use when using Neat Video?
on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:59:59 am

Compressor is better at compressing...that's why it looks better. It doesn't sound like Compressor isn't working...so I'd say use compressor. I always export a master at full res, and then compress. And ALWAYS keep that full res master.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]