FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning DVDs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Gerken
Burning DVDs
on Jun 13, 2014 at 11:37:24 am

I am trying to burn a DVD from a FCP project whose video files are 1080i Pro Res HQ shot on a Ninja 2 recorder/Nikon D800. The DVD does not have to be HD for I understand you can't burn HD to a normal 4.7 DVD. Do I have to convert using Mpeg Streamclip? Compressor? I have been experimenting but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.
-Mike

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Burning DVDs
on Jun 13, 2014 at 2:21:28 pm

Export a QuickTime movie from FCP. Then drop that .mov into Compressor and choose the appropriate DVD preset for your project to make the needed MPEG2 and audio files for the DVD. Then you need use those files in authoring the DVD in DVD StudioPro. There is no FCP to DVD direct export.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 13, 2014 at 2:36:02 pm

Well, there is, kinda, thru the "share" function. But the compression is better if you do it in Compressor first.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 13, 2014 at 4:36:54 pm

#42 - Quick and dirty way to author a DVD

Shane's Stock Answer #42 - David Roth Weiss' Secret Quick and Dirty Way to Author a DVD:

The absolute simplest way to make a DVD using FCP and DVDSP is as follows:

1. Export a QT movie, either a reference file or self contained using current settings.

2. Open DVDSP, select the "graphical" tab and you will see two little monitors, one blue, one green.

3. Select the left blue one and hit delete.

4. Now, select the green one, right click on it and select the top option "first play".

5. Now drag your QT from the browser and drop it on top of the green monitor.

6. Now, for a DVD from an HD source, look to the right side and select the "general tab" in the track editor, and see the Display Mode, and select "16:9 pan-scan."

7. Hit the little black and yellow burn icon at the top of the page and put a a DVD in when prompted. DVDSP will encode and burn your new DVD.

THATS ALL!!!

NOW...if you want a GOOD LOOKING DVD, instead of taking your REF movie into DVD SP, instead take it into Compressor and choose the BEST QUALITY ENCODE (2 pass VBR) that matches your show timing. Then take THAT result into DVD SP and follow the rest of the steps. Except you can choose "16:9 LETTERBOX" instead of PAN & SCAN if you want to see the entire image.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Jun 13, 2014 at 6:58:36 pm

DVD SP is no longer available, is it?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 13, 2014 at 7:01:12 pm

Not anymore, no. But FCP 7 is part of a set of apps that includes it. And if you are running FCP, you can SHARE TO DVD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mike Gerken
on Jun 14, 2014 at 4:59:26 am

I will give this a go. Many thanks!

-Mike

Return to posts index

Mike Gerken
on Jun 21, 2014 at 8:16:05 am

Thank you but this did not work. The resulting burned DVD was successful but, did not play when tried on several different players.
-Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 21, 2014 at 11:28:59 am

When you say: "successful", you mean it completed burning, but did not play in consumer players. Did it play back on the mac itself?

Return to posts index

Mike Gerken
on Jun 21, 2014 at 11:42:24 am

Hi Mark,
Thats correct. DVD Studio Pro says burn was successful but when I try to play it back in my Mac, it says not recognized or something too that effect. I tried to play DVD in a separate player, also with no success. Not sure what is happening. Should I be resizing my HD file to 720?

Thanks a mil for getting back.
-Mike

Return to posts index

Mike Gerken
on Jun 14, 2014 at 4:59:47 am

Thank you!
-Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]