FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Dunning
Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional
on Jun 12, 2014 at 3:57:56 pm

My project uses a number of layered PSD files. They are all 8-bit RGB, 1920x1080, and have around 3-8 layers. I create and save them all from the same original Photoshop file, so they should be about as similar as files can be.

Most work perfectly -- I drag them into my keyword collection, and they appear as clips showing a preview and the little "stack" icon indicating their multi-layer-ism. But a few of them appear differently, without the preview or stack icon, instead showing an icon of two linked clips in the timeline.

The most worrisome part is that if I try to put one of these into the timeline, (a) I cannot click into it to manipulate the layers, it's just not clickable; (b) as soon as the system starts to render it, it freezes the entire computer completely, requiring a physical power cycle. I have tried resaving them in Photoshop, tweaking and resaving, everything I can think of, but mysteriously these few documents won't behave even though their brothers will. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional
on Jun 12, 2014 at 6:33:42 pm

A couple. Since you posted in the Legacy FCP forum, we'll assume you're NOT on FCPX.

1) What version of Photoshop created these files? Something released after 2010, perhaps?

2) Any layer styles being used in these deocuments?

3) Are they RGB and not CMYK?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brian Dunning
Re: Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional
on Jun 12, 2014 at 6:35:37 pm

My mistake. I will move this to the FCPX forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]