FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD in FCP 7 conversion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
AVCHD in FCP 7 conversion
on Jun 11, 2014 at 5:43:22 pm

I have been out of video editing for 5 years now and am behind.

I have some AVCHD 1080 footage and want to take it into FCP 7. I think I have to convert to prores in log and transfer.

What do I lose via this conversion process? When I edit and export in 1080 do I just export or do I have to convert prores to another format. I am going to a .mov file format.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVCHD in FCP 7 conversion
on Jun 11, 2014 at 6:43:28 pm

Yes, you will have to use Log and Transfer to convert to ProRes. If you shot 1080p60, however, that isn't supported by FCP, so you'll have to convert it to ProRes with ClipWrap2.

[Nelson May] "What do I lose via this conversion process?"

Nothing.

[Nelson May] "When I edit and export in 1080 do I just export or do I have to convert prores to another format."

Export into the format you want. Typically you either SEND TO COMPRESSOR, or export a full res ProRes file, and take that into Compressor and compress how you need.

[Nelson May] "I am going to a .mov file format."

Every Quicktime movie is .mov. That's what it means. H.264 that DSLRs shoot, those are .mov. ProRes can be .mov. MOV is just a container....the specific CODEC is what you need to look at.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]