FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spelling Error!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Somodi
Spelling Error!
on Jun 10, 2014 at 12:49:24 am

I'm editing in FCP 7. I just finished shooting a client for 3 days and a banner that he had behind him in a static shot has a typo in the website address. (institute) He is asking me if we can fix it. SEE PHOTO. I have no idea. I've never had to do something like this before. I'd love any brainstorms around either 1) eliminating the website line all together or 2) fixing the spelling error. Either one is fine with the client. I shot him in the setting that appears in this photo and then in a "conference room" with a very different lighting set up.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Spelling Error!
on Jun 10, 2014 at 3:36:38 am

I guess the million dollar question is whether his hand gestures go in front of the URL or not...looks like thats the case, which makes it far more challenging. You are looking at doing a fair amount of roto work in after effects, at minimum.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:53:16 pm

if the shot is static, this is not a huge deal. Take a frame into photoshop, carefully airbrush-out the old address with the clone brush, etc. and type in a new one or leave it blank, save the still back out and import to FCP7. Put the still on a new video track and use the crop controls, including the feathering, to cut away all the bits you don't need... or, you could have also done that cropping back in photoshop, works either way.

If the shot moves at all, you'll have to motion-track the overlay; this is not a problem for Apple Motion.

If the hand moves in front of the address, that is not the end of the world; it's typically just a few frames., and using the 4-point garbage matte tool you can keyframe that out thru a similar track-layering process.

I encourage you to go for it: when the client sees what "magic" you're capable of, his estimation of you will escalate.

Return to posts index

Joe Somodi
on Jun 18, 2014 at 4:47:32 pm

i love your positive point of view Mark! Thanks for the AWESOME feedback!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]