FORUMS: list search recent posts

Same as Source Export from FCP Using DaVinci Dailies...Wrong Default Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leanne Belgiorno
Same as Source Export from FCP Using DaVinci Dailies...Wrong Default Settings
on Jun 5, 2014 at 3:06:17 pm

We make dailies using DaVinci Resolve and output clips as Apple Pro Res LT 23.98. When I try to export a clip "same as source" from my viewer monitor, the settings default to "AJA Kona LHI: 1080i 25 10 bit." Any idea why the setting defaults to "25 10 bit" and not what the original file is, "Apple Pro Res LT 23.98?" Does this have something to do with the wrong metadata carrying over from DaVinci?

(Keep in mind, while working with the footage in Fcp 7, our sequence settings are "AJA Kona LHI: 1080psf 23.98 8 Bit." If I export a same as source from the sequence, the default same as source export settings are correct).

Thanks!

-Leanne

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Same as Source Export from FCP Using DaVinci Dailies...Wrong Default Settings
on Jun 5, 2014 at 4:04:04 pm

Go into your EASY SETUPS and choose the one you require. Often the Easy Setup will be different from the sequence settings...because you set them there at one point, or they are on default...and FCP no longer requires you set that before you begin a project. Just import clips, make a new sequence, it'll match the footage of the first clip you drop in it...yadda yadda. But if you import audio, it'll adopt the frame rate of the Easy Setup chosen...and if you export from the VIEWER as same as source, it tends to want to do this too for some odd reason.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Leanne Belgiorno
Re: Same as Source Export from FCP Using DaVinci Dailies...Wrong Default Settings
on Jun 5, 2014 at 4:50:48 pm

My easy setup is actually set to what my sequence settings are (AJA Kona LHI: 1080psf 23.98 8 Bit) so it would make sense if the default export settings were that but the export settings default to "25 10 Bit" for some reason. Do you think they might be because there isn't an actual "Apple Pro Res LT 23.98" option in the drop down? All I am seeing is 24fps.

Also, since my clips settings are not the format I am editing with, if I change my easy setup to APR LT 23.98, my sequence settings will default to the wrong settings.

-Leanne

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 5, 2014 at 5:40:01 pm

Lemme ask you this: is this project so big that you you can't forego ProRes LT and just use Prores 422? Once that's working properly, you should have no further problems.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Leanne Belgiorno
on Jun 5, 2014 at 6:14:06 pm

We are a large company and have a lot of jobs coming in and out and I am guessing with do LT for space purposes.

-Leanne

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 5, 2014 at 8:37:55 pm

Makes sense. I thought you might be trying zn offline-online workflow when it may be more trouble than it's worth.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Jun 8, 2014 at 12:10:25 am

have you tried trashing your preferences?

i have also seen where a "same as source" option isn't the export default when the source is non-standard.
is there something about your footage that is non-standard?

"there isn't an actual "Apple Pro Res LT 23.98" option in the drop down? All I am seeing is 24fps."

a confusing aspect of the presets is that FCP uses "24" to stand in for "23.796"
so most of the time if you are working with true 24fps you have to go and create you own settings as most of the ones labelled as 24fps aren't.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]