FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Express Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Andrews
Final Cut Express Problem
on Jun 3, 2014 at 10:58:16 pm

I’m working with Final Cut Express 4.0.1

I’m trying to put a new title card on a trailer. The title card was exported from Photoshop as DVCPRO HD 1080. The trailer file is a 1080 H.264. Final Cut says the title card is 30 fps and the trailer is 25. To make things even more confusing I tried to set my sequence setting at 1080i50 so I could export with QuickTime Conversion at 1080i.

But, when I go to export an H.264 file it says my current resolution is 530 X 298. I reset the resolution to 1920X1080 and, as a test, I exported just the title. The end result was that the title appeared shrunken in the frame. Changing the resolution in QuickTime Conversion just made the frame bigger, not the image. Is the best solution to stop using and ancient version of QuickTime on an ancient Mac?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Express Problem
on Jun 4, 2014 at 12:28:17 am

Why are you attempting to put this card onto a highly compressed version of the trailer, and not the original? Also...if the trailer is 25fps...you should export the card out of Photoshop at the same frame rate...wait. Photoshop? Then it should have no frame rate.

FCP also doesn't like working with H.264 files...it prefers footage in an FCP editing codec. H.264 exports with weirdness. So I'm guessing you are exporting a NEW card onto an already finished trailer...and they don't have access to the original for some reason... This also means that you'll be highly compressing an already highly compressed file.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cory Andrews
Re: Final Cut Express Problem
on Jun 5, 2014 at 12:44:52 pm

Photoshop does export video files, it does not let you pick a frame rate. I used it to avoid the distortion you get when exporting an image file from Photoshop and importing it in FCE. I also tried importing just a still from that video file as an image and Final Cut made it 30 fps.

I understand that it's a unique situation, that's why I'm coming to Creative Cow for help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]