FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Missing Bin, Footage not offline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark McCann
FCP Missing Bin, Footage not offline
on May 30, 2014 at 10:06:32 am

Hey all,

Editing a 30 minute piece in FCP 7, A bin of footage seems to have gone missing, The footage is still on the timeline and still in the capture scratch.

Is there anywhere the bin could be? Or would I have to reimport the footage into a bin again?

I thought if a bin were to be removed, the footage from it on the timeline would go offline, or does that only happen if the actual footage location on the hard drive is removed or moved?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Missing Bin, Footage not offline
on May 30, 2014 at 4:06:43 pm

Look in the Autosave Vault for a backup of your project. Open it and look for the bin, If you find it...drag it into your current project.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 30, 2014 at 4:42:28 pm

[Mark McCann] "I thought if a bin were to be removed, the footage from it on the timeline would go offline, or does that only happen if the actual footage location on the hard drive is removed or moved?
"

Correct, footage only goes offline if it is moved to a different location on the hard drive.

If there is footage in the timeline that you know is from the missing bin you can play the playhead over the clip in the timeline and hit the F key twice. This will locate the clip in missing bin in Browser (assuming the bin was accidentally moved and not deleted).

Return to posts index

Mark McCann
on May 30, 2014 at 4:54:15 pm

Thanks for the replies, both of you. Appreciate it. I Found the bin, It got moved deeply to a bottom of a group of bins and sub-bins, Missed it when i was looking the first time. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]