FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Sync problem when Reconnecting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fraser Callum
Audio Sync problem when Reconnecting
on May 28, 2014 at 10:17:56 am

Hey

We have an offline editor based in LA, we are based in London UK. When our offline editor returns projects to us they will upload the FCP file and all audio files that they've used to our FTP. These are then downloaded and we reconnect the project to all the rushes and the new audio all placed on our XSAN.
However a good number of the audio files (downloaded from Audio Network and Universal) will throw up the incorrect timecode error when reconnecting and if forced to reconnect anyway will playback 'out of sync' (as it's music by 'out of sync' I mean that beats don't match cut points and the tracks start/end in completely the wrong places)

I have had a sample XML sent to me so I can look into it further, I've noticed that while the sequence and project settings are accurate and show at the top of XML that everything is set to 25fps further into the file when I look at the sections attached to individual files a lot of files have a < timebase>30< /timebase> and < ntsc>TRUE< /ntsc> which as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't happen.

I'll try to upload the XML if you guys need it.

So as far as I can tell, and apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, FCP is giving these new files an NTSC/30 timebase when they should in fact have a PAL/25 timebase. I've checked our offline editor's machine via screen share and for the life of me all settings look to be setup for 25fps.

Is it at all possible that the files themselves are causing the problem? Audio shouldn't carry a timebase as far as I know?

I'm at a bit of a dead end right now so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]