FORUMS: list search recent posts

CineForm black horizontal lines when rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
CineForm black horizontal lines when rendering
on May 27, 2014 at 1:42:56 pm

I was running FCP 7.03 on a late 2013 MacMini, editing 2K CineForm footage. Initially, I had issues with the watermarks appearing, then I installed the GoPRoStudio software as well as the decoder plugin and was able to render/export without the watermakrs appearing.
Now I am on a late 2013 MacBook Pro. Installed the decoder, as well as the GoProStudio software, and at first was getting the watermarks on the rendered parts. Then they disappeared, but the resulting rendered segment has black horizontal lines all across...?! Attached is an image for reference.

Syatem: macbokpro i7 2 ghz 8gb ram, intel iris pro card, mavericks 10.9.3, Go Pro decoder version 2.0.1.237

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: CineForm black horizontal lines when rendering
on May 27, 2014 at 4:01:21 pm

FCP really doesn't like editing codecs that aren't it's own. Meaning it loves DV, loves DVCPRO HD and HDV...is enamored with ProRes. But it gets grumpy when working with H.264...Cineform...even DNxHD (Avid's codec). Random issues can arise when not working with FCP codecs....this might be one of them. What might work on one machine, or one day, won't work on the next machine, or next day.

Try this...duplicate the sequence...change the sequence Compressor to ProRes 422...render, then export.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]