FORUMS: list search recent posts

media manage to different codec?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Austin
media manage to different codec?
on May 23, 2014 at 8:47:20 pm

Hi,
I was assigned to re-edit a piece which contains mixed codecs: Pro Ress & H264. The previous editor elected NOT to transcode half of the footage to Pro Res.

The Timeline settings are Pro Res. Every time I make an edit I have to re-render. It's counterproductive to keep going if I have to spend 2/3rds of my workday re-rendering.

What I want to do is media manage the whole project and convert it to all Pro Res. How can I do this, and will the shots relink? No slates were used, no TC. It was shot in a 7D (h264) and unknown camera for the Pro res footage.

Ideas? I need to knock this out. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: media manage to different codec?
on May 23, 2014 at 8:52:02 pm

The Media Manager has a RECOMPRESS option...so you can recompress to ProRes. But this will also recompress the footage that is already ProRes. And it will only do this for the footage in the timeline. It will make a new timeline that links to the new footage.

Then you'll have to go into the bins where the H.264 stuff is and media manage that as well.

And slap the person who didn't convert the footage to begin with. FIRE THEM! Oh, wait, they were fired already...hee hee.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steven Austin
Re: media manage to different codec?
on May 23, 2014 at 9:16:05 pm

Forget the previous {premature} post. I figured it out. Duh. Never had to do that in 7 years using FCP7! It was simple.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]