FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Compression App?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harrington
Best Compression App?
on May 20, 2014 at 4:21:26 pm

I've tried PAVTUBE, ProxyMill and a few others and all seem to have their own problems compressing and delivering what I need, simple things like recovering time code from original file.

Whats a good fast compression software for Sony EX1 Camera BPAV files, GoPro MP4, Sony FS700 AVCHD to compress ProResLT, with original file name, TimeCode.

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Mavrick, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Best Compression App?
on May 20, 2014 at 4:39:15 pm

What's your budget?

http://www.root6technology.com/products/ContentAgent/

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Harrington
on May 20, 2014 at 4:46:02 pm

I can't afford Episode and I've tried a few $39 - $200 including ProxyMill but ran in to problems working with FCP 7 in 10.6.8, strange problems that make the developer scratch his head.

I'm a week behind and need a good solid solution that will include timecode, import properly in to FCP 7 on 10.6.8, may upgrade osx to 10.8.6 as recommended by those still using FCP 7.

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Mavrick, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Cornell
on May 20, 2014 at 7:22:50 pm

MPEG Streamclip has never failed me!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 20, 2014 at 8:46:04 pm

MPEG STREAMCLIP doesn't work with MXF nor AVCHD...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Cornell
on May 20, 2014 at 8:46:51 pm

Woops.

Sorry all. Read the original post wrong.

Return to posts index

Dino Sanacory
on May 21, 2014 at 5:42:34 pm

There isn't, that I've been able to find, one best program. I use a combination of Apple Compressor, DaVinci Resolve and After Effects. (and every once in a while, Sorenson Squeeze and Adobe Media Encoder). And when it's easier, Log and Transfer or batch export in FCP 7. Some of these are slow and it's best to leave a batch running overnight. Resolve has a bit of a learning curve but is surprisingly capable with the inclusion of LUTs and can be quite fast with the proper set up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]