FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need to get Canon c300 footage shot in slo mo back to normal speed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Gilbert
I need to get Canon c300 footage shot in slo mo back to normal speed
on May 16, 2014 at 2:50:43 pm

Hello everyone,
I should first preface that this is the first project we've shot with a Canon c300. I got the whole folder system during media management, and transcoded the mxf files through an app we had previously purchased.

We normally shoot with a Canon 1D or 7D, where we'll shoot at 60 fps and I'll have to conform in with Cinema Tools to make it slow motion once I get it into Final Cut. Without conforming it it plays at regular speed.

I'm now learning that the c300 is different. We'd actually like to use the footage we shot at 60 frames as regular speed (23.98) footage and I'm at a loss at how to do it. I've looked on CreativeCow and all over the internet, and I'm not sure if I'm just not using the right phrase or asking the right question or what, but I'm not finding the solution anywhere.

We need the footage to have the audio that was recorded at the same time to sync up properly.

Is there anyone out there that can walk me through the steps or send me a link for a video or blog that walks me through the steps?

Thanks guys!
Liz

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: I need to get Canon c300 footage shot in slo mo back to normal speed
on May 16, 2014 at 4:41:01 pm

[Elizabeth Gilbert] "transcoded the mxf files through an app we had previously purchased."

What app? Is that app slowing the footage down? Not converting it to 60fps, but somehow converting it to 23.98 or 29.97? Can you tell it NOT to?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Gilbert
Re: I need to get Canon c300 footage shot in slo mo back to normal speed
on May 16, 2014 at 6:36:27 pm

Hi Shane,
We were using a program called (pav tube - CC flagged that word before as a "bad word" not sure why though). I've tried opening it in the AVID free app XDCAM Transfer as well as Wondershare, and all programs say the footage is at 23.98, not 59.94 like a 1D or a 7D would have it.

This is our first time really working and shooting with a C300 and we weren't made aware of this before hand. Had we known about this, we would have instructed our camera crew to shoot at 23.98 and not used slow motion at all.

If anyone can give me suggestions on managing the problem, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]