FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Video Clips Playing in TImeline that are not in the Timeline at that position----Solution?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
FCP 7 Video Clips Playing in TImeline that are not in the Timeline at that position----Solution?
on May 15, 2014 at 10:42:19 pm

Hi everyone,
My computer backup battery malfunctioned last night when I left the house with my system outputing a project (it did not complete the process). WHen I returned the system was off. I restarted the entire system---I now have to replace the backup battery, which is a different issue----and my project is now messed up---lots of the autosave versions are also screwed up. Video clips that are not in the position of the timeline that is being played are showing up. What is making the system read clips that are not there?
I am using FCP 7.0.3 and the footage is on an external raid drive.
I have gone through verifying and repairing disk in Disk Utilities as well as trashing preferences for FCP.
Any ideas?
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP 7 Video Clips Playing in TImeline that are not in the Timeline at that position----Solution?
on May 15, 2014 at 11:32:00 pm

Did you trash your preferences?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
Re: FCP 7 Video Clips Playing in TImeline that are not in the Timeline at that position----Solution?
on May 15, 2014 at 11:45:00 pm

Hi Dave,
Yes---trashed preferences. I have not cleared trash nor restarted the computer. I believe that is not necessary. Just reopened FCP and the project in question.
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 16, 2014 at 12:06:06 am

Oh, I'd go further than a restart, I'd shut it down and start it back up again. It's s cinch you can't do anything with the machine in its current state, so you don't have much to lose.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
on May 16, 2014 at 12:42:35 am

Restart after 10 minutes off and still the same.

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
on May 16, 2014 at 1:47:11 am

Problem solved----I had to create a new sequence and copy everything but the corrupted clips into it. THe bad ones I reset those in the original clips and loaded those as new. It was a bit of extra work---but nothing else would work. I went back through dozens of autosaved project copies and they all had the corruptions----and they were not there before the electrical issue.
Thanks for the support and help. Calm demeanor in a disaster really helps with resolution.
The Cow and it's members are great!
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]