FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extracting audio from mxf files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Børresen
Extracting audio from mxf files
on May 14, 2014 at 12:08:55 pm

Hi!

I recently shot a corporate film using Sony F5, not realizing the problems it would give me.

Since I was in a bit of a rush during the shoot I recorded MXF files, so I had to buy some additional software to convert the files.
I ended up with Brorsoft Video Converter and Sony Content Browser. Problem solved, I thought.
The footage looks amazing, but the problem is the audio.
I used a clip-on and a mic on the cam in separate channels during the shoot.
It ended up recorded as PCM in 8 separate channels. When I convert to ProRes using Brorsoft the audio is automatically converted into a stereo track with no possible way for me to separate the clip-on from the on-cam mic.

Does anyone know how I can extract audio only in separate channels from MXF?

All help is appreciated!

Anders

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Extracting audio from mxf files
on May 14, 2014 at 3:57:05 pm

Is mentioning that you should use other editing software that is more compatible with that camera out of the question?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Anders Børresen
on May 14, 2014 at 11:37:03 pm

I would if I could, but it is what it is. I need to fix it, so if you can't help out I won't be needing your advice, sir.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 14, 2014 at 11:58:54 pm

I was just asking...sheesh.

I would offer solutions that allow FCP to read the MXF files directly, like MXF4Mac or Calibrated MXF...but those cost money. Hmmm...I wonder if they will read all those tracks independently. I have Calibrated, but no clip to test.

Or...you know what...you could download Avid and run it as a trial, and use it to access the media, and perhaps export out the tracks individually. Make sure that you download and install the proper AMA plugin too. Adobe Premiere Pro also has a trial, that you can use for the same reason.

But I guess that advice won't be helpful at all...so I won't suggest it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]