FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export AVC Intra MXF File FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal Boyle
Export AVC Intra MXF File FCP7
on May 9, 2014 at 5:25:06 pm

My local broadcaster has moved to file based delivery. They want AVC Intra 100Mbit/s delivered as an MXF OP1a file. I'm looking for cost effective ways to achieve this.

I'm cutting on FCP7 an a new 6 Core Mac Pro running Mavericks.
I'll be using the DPP Metadata App to add the Metadata and create the XML file.

What have I tried?
I have downloaded the Calibrate Q AVC Intra Encode demo and it will allow me to set the sequence to AVC Intra, or export an AVC Intra file of the sequence. I've downloaded iFFmpeg to wrap this as an MXF file, but from what I can see this also converts the video to MPEG, and not leaving it as AVC Intra. Am I right?

I found MXF4Mac, it's expensive, I'd prefer a more cost effective option.

From what I can see Sony XD Transfer can only use XD Cam codecs.

I just want to export my HD online and end up with an AVC Intra 100Mbit/s as a MXF file. All suggestions welcome.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Export AVC Intra MXF File FCP7
on May 10, 2014 at 1:28:40 am

Adobe Premiere Pro does this. As does Avid Media Composer. Telestream Episode will..

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neal Boyle
Re: Export AVC Intra MXF File FCP7
on May 10, 2014 at 11:47:43 am
Last Edited By Neal Boyle on May 10, 2014 at 6:30:57 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply.

I've downloaded a trial version of Avic MC (fully working).
My online is in FCP7. I'm on a new Mac Pro 6 core, Mavericks. It's online as ProRes HQ (1920x 1080 HD). I’m very unfamiliar with MC it’s been too long since I used one. What do you suggest as the best way to get it into MC?

I see that in MC you can export using AMA File Export, this produces a MXF file. It automatically selected SHIM AS-11_Shim_1080i50.xml, this sounds right but there's no mention of the codec (AVC Intra 100). I'm presuming that by default it encodes to AVC Intra 100?

Neal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]