FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting timecode 25 to 29.97

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Vincent
Converting timecode 25 to 29.97
on May 8, 2014 at 7:36:54 pm

Hi,

Apologies if I've posted in this in the incorrect forum but I've got a question about timecode. I work for a company producing a show at 25 1080i. We will be delivering as a ProRes 422 file. The client will be then converting to 29.97 on their end. We need to supply a timecode rundown that matches the 29.97 drop frame, not the native 25. What's the best way to do this? Is there a simple formula that we might use to create the new timecode?

Thanks a lot,
Scott

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Converting timecode 25 to 29.97
on May 8, 2014 at 11:13:25 pm

Export the QT file. Reimport it. Make a new sequence that's 29.97. Drop the clip into it. Now do your timing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Scott Vincent
on May 9, 2014 at 1:14:12 pm

Hey Shane,

Thanks for the quick response. I considered that solution but I was hoping for something a little less labor intensive. We have to deliver 52 episodes (albeit only 11 min apiece) so to go through that process for all eps will certainly slow down delivery.

Thanks again - I do appreciate it.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 10, 2014 at 8:08:21 pm

Avid can track different timecode rates during your edit. FCP does not have this function

Here's an idea. Make a 12 minute NTSC sequence. Insert a black slug for the duration of the program. Put a timecode window burn filter on it and the export as a QuickTime movie.

You can now position this movie on a higher track over your future shows (crop the black so that you can see the underlying video.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]