FORUMS: list search recent posts

best max size, square pixel Seq setting?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
best max size, square pixel Seq setting?
on May 7, 2014 at 10:01:32 pm

I've tried to bone up on my seq setting & HD standards but am finding this answer elusive.

I'm working for a client who is making web video (no TV involved). I'm sourcing a lot of material from the web (YouTube etc), much of it is 1920x1080, but it's a real mix.

I want to choose the largest square pixel Seq setting that is not interlace. Is this a reasonable request? This is not for TV so a preset that is interlace or rectangular pixel is not useful - but I don't see a preset that seems like a perfect fit, what am I missing? Would you select HDTV1080i then choose Field dominance = None?

How would you approach this?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: best max size, square pixel Seq setting?
on May 7, 2014 at 10:11:59 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 7, 2014 at 10:12:51 pm

Web video can be kind of nebulous in terms of size. Who's going to host it?

A lot of people I know say 1280x720 is about as big as you need.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on May 9, 2014 at 12:56:33 pm

Good call Dave. For the last job the deliverable was a 4x3 mp4 for use in PowerPoint 960x720. So 1280x720 would have been satisfactory. 720p is probably a safe bet, just trying to hang on to all the rez I'm provided with to cover myself.

Still wondering "Would you select HDTV1080i then choose Field dominance = None?" is a fools errand or valid.

Paul

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 9, 2014 at 4:10:58 pm

I guess it depends on the frame rate. If you're going to keep it at 59.94, don't worry about field order, or just play it safe with a field order of None.

If you're going to go with 29.97 -- and the video was shot interlaced-scan -- it will need deinterlacing. But if it was shot PROGRESSIVE SCAN -- and it could have been, you don't say -- go with a field order of None.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]