FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm playing with footage that's 30p and 60p in a 24fps sequence. So far, no problems. Am I asking for problems?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
I'm playing with footage that's 30p and 60p in a 24fps sequence. So far, no problems. Am I asking for problems?
on May 6, 2014 at 2:04:34 am

I just started editing a project. I'm using lots of footage that isn't mine. I want the final output, for aesthetic reasons, to be in 24fps. I've been playing around with it before changing the frame rate in FCP7 and...it looks fine. It's all interview footage and there is little movement. It looks OK to me. Am I playing with fire if I don't bother converting the source footage to a different frame rate with Compressor? I'd rather not if I can avoid it, and right now, it kind of looks like I can. I don't plan on doing anything effects heavy either.

One other question: given the fact I've been editing a few days without figuring out this question from the get-go (not the smartest move, I know), if I do need to convert, can I just convert the source clips that my timeline clips are based on? I have long interviews that I've been making shorter clips out of. If I just change the source clip that they refer to, changing the time code of that, will what's in my timeline look totally off? I realize the best way to figure this out is to probably just try it out and see how it looks. But I figured I should defer to the wisdom of the collective first.

thanks in advance. As always, this community rocks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]