FORUMS: list search recent posts

Real HD from Panasonic AG-AC90

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Real HD from Panasonic AG-AC90
on May 5, 2014 at 5:17:12 pm

I shot with an AG-AC90 for the first time using PH 1920X1080 60i. I've read forums in here and there about how to log and transfer the mts files. I did so by following Cow posts, and it worked great. But I have a suspicious mind (needlessly I know).

Is it real HD, or is it a trickery of upconversion?

Logging and transferring the files was easy enough to FCP7. But I noticed that the frame rate on the clips inside my project are now at 29.97.

I went ahead and did a test export and I used these settings.

Aple Pro Res HQ
Interlaced/Top Field First
Selected Frame rate 60

The video looks perfect, no lines or anything.

But when I select "get info" on the final .mov it will not show if it's still 1920x1080 60i

I drug the clip back into FCP7, and looked at the item settings.

1920 x 1080
Apple ProRes 422 HQ
Data Rate - 51.9 MB/sec
Vid Rate 59.94 fps

That seems good. Or is it not true HD now and just unconverted?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Real HD from Panasonic AG-AC90
on May 5, 2014 at 8:25:16 pm

[Vincent Strader] "Is it real HD, or is it a trickery of upconversion?"

No trickery. You shot 1080i, and it comes in 1080i. Shot HD, it comes in HD. No tricks. Transcoding from AVCHD to ProRes...but it's still HD.

[Vincent Strader] "Logging and transferring the files was easy enough to FCP7. But I noticed that the frame rate on the clips inside my project are now at 29.97."

1080i60 runs at 29.97fps. The "i" means interlaced, and that means the number that follows is FIELDS per second...two fields per frame...60 fields a second. So 30fps running at 29.97. If you shot 1080p60...that would mean PROGRESSIVE, and that would be 60fps.

[Vincent Strader] "I went ahead and did a test export and I used these settings.

Aple Pro Res HQ
Interlaced/Top Field First
Selected Frame rate 60 "

Why did you do that? Your footage isn't 60fps.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
Re: Real HD from Panasonic AG-AC90
on May 6, 2014 at 9:57:03 pm

Shane wrote: Why did you do that? Your footage isn't 60fps.

Vinnie: staring with large eyes "Cuz I'm crazy man... I'm crazy"

Thanks for your responses man! "You're cra... you're crazy.. YOU'RE CRAZY.. I like you... but you're crazy " Will Ferrel

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]