FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stabilizing problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paula Zimmerman
Stabilizing problem
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:55:52 pm

Hi,

I've worked through this clip with 5 different stabilizers-SmoothCam, Lock & Load, After Effects stabilizer, Mocha, and iStabilize and I get almost no change. I've read tutorials and tried everything I can find and I still get very little improvement. I've included a portion here- http://reels.creativecow.net/film/first-shot-testmov Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Stabilizing problem
on Apr 30, 2014 at 9:13:05 pm

Video shooting lesson #1: use a tripod.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paula Zimmerman
on Apr 30, 2014 at 9:19:42 pm

The wide shot camera was on a tripod, but the close-up required moving between the instructor and the students. This is the worst it ever got, I've been able to correct most of the others.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 30, 2014 at 9:29:21 pm

If you've tried all those planar trackers without success, I think it's got to be pilot error. You are doing something wrong, but we don't know what, because any motion tracker should be able to handle this. Do any of them actually display a generated track?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 30, 2014 at 9:32:48 pm

[Paula Zimmerman]: "...the close-up required moving between the instructor and the students..."

After Effects also has a stabilization feature called Warp Stabilizer; I don't think that's on your list. It might be worth a shot.

I'd probably cut the piece together including the tight shots, warts & all, and then export just the trouble shots for stabilization. A lot less rendering that way.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 30, 2014 at 9:45:14 pm

Try stabilizing it in Apple Motion using the standard 2-d tracker?

Return to posts index

Brooks Tomlinson
on May 1, 2014 at 5:35:48 am

Well, you have a fixed object (you subject) that never goes off screen. It shouldn't be that hard to stabilize. Although, the best result you can hope for is a zoomed in image. Since it moves a fair amount. Did you try in after effect changing the warp stabilizer to position data only?

Brooks Tomlinson
"I dream in 32bit float"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]