FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I restore a FCP project from Time Machine in Mavericks??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenny Holl
How do I restore a FCP project from Time Machine in Mavericks??
on Apr 29, 2014 at 1:23:40 pm

I have Final Cut Pro 6. In the past when I had to go into Time Machine, I just double clicked on the Time Machine icon and it gave me a huge list of files it had backed up, and I find the file of a Final Cut project going back a certain amount of time and click on it and it shows up in my FCP window. But now that I've switched over to Mavericks, I don't see how to retrieve my file. I see how to restore, going back to a certain date or time, but it doesn't show me a list of backed up files. I keep all of my FCP projects on an external drive, but I can't select that drive in the Time Machine window (it's grayed out). Is that the problem?

I did a day's worth of editing and didn't hit save, then the power went out for a few seconds and now all that work seems to be gone. How can I get it back?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How do I restore a FCP project from Time Machine in Mavericks??
on Apr 29, 2014 at 3:06:58 pm

What about your Autosave Vault? Have you checked there for backups of your project?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kenny Holl
Re: How do I restore a FCP project from Time Machine in Mavericks??
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:41:39 pm

Yes, that was it. I was looking in the wrong place. So, when I went to Time Machine, instead of clicking Applications (as I had been trying), I went into Documents, then Final Cut Pro Documents, then Autosave Vault, and found the file I needed. All is good. Yay! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]