FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to log and transfer from Panasonic AG-AC8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Jordan
Unable to log and transfer from Panasonic AG-AC8
on Apr 27, 2014 at 5:16:19 am

Hi, I'm having problems using Log and Transfer in FCP 7.0.3 with footage shot on the Panasonic AG-AC8 shoulder mount camera, which uses the AVCCAM codec. I've been using FCP7 and a Panasonic AF101 for several years with no problems, so I'm not a beginner.
The issue now is that when I open the AC8 footage folder using Log and Transfer, I see in the left hand pane a list of all the shots as per usual, but when I click on each shot there is nothing there, just a blank screen, nothing to play, nothing to add to the queue. In the camera I can play back all the clips without any problem, and I can open the AVCHD file in the "Private" folder with Quicktime and see all the shots. Has anyone any suggestions how I can use Log and Transfer with this camera?

Richard Jordan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Unable to log and transfer from Panasonic AG-AC8
on Apr 27, 2014 at 7:20:45 am

AVCHD is a beast to deal with. Because there is no standard. It differs from camera maker to camera maker, and even between cameras that the same manufacturer...if it is a newer camera, there might be a newer version...that has higher quality than the last.

FCP 7 usually kept up with this with dot releases. Sony NXCAM footage had a dickens of a time with 7.0.2, but that was fixed with 7.0.3. Well...no longer, as FCP 7 was discontinued 3 years ago. So the best way to keep up with current cameras is to use current options. Either current NLEs, or something like ClipWrap2 from divergentmedia.com. ClipWrap2 keeps up. And converts to ProRes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard Jordan
Re: Unable to log and transfer from Panasonic AG-AC8
on May 6, 2014 at 1:54:33 pm

Thanks Shane. In the end I've decided to import the clips through FCPX, which looks as though it will work okay.

Richard Jordan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]