FORUMS: list search recent posts

Filmed HD video in 23.98 and recorded audio in 24p - won\'t sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Metz
Filmed HD video in 23.98 and recorded audio in 24p - won\'t sync
on Apr 27, 2014 at 3:07:37 am

I apologize in advance because I know that audio sync problems have been gone over and over again. But, honestly, after spending a lot of time pouring over the boards, I'm having trouble finding the solution that I need. I really appreciate any help, and I also appreciate your patience.

I filmed footage on an Sony HD Handycam in 23.98. Because I'm an idiot, I had the external sound recorded in 24p. Now when I put them on a timeline together, it starts great but then the lag gets crazier and crazier.

I've read Matt Lyon's tutorial, but I'm having trouble making it apply to my current situation.

Should I try to convert the audio from 24 to 23.98 (I'm using the info setting information that FCP or QT is giving me when I mention the rates)? If so, how? Or, should I convert the video footage from 23.98 to 24p? If so, how?

I have Soundtrack Pro, but haven't used it very much yet. I also have MPEG Streamclip which I usually use for conversions, but it won't let me drag the audio into it. I also have Compressor, but can't figure out what kind of settings I should put into it.

Thanks for your patience and kindness. I really need help with this, and I'm feeling pretty lost.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]