FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Here & to Apple Final Cut Pro, need advice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gray
New Here & to Apple Final Cut Pro, need advice
on Apr 25, 2014 at 3:46:39 pm

Hello,
Q for the seasoned pros of Apple Final Cut Pro ver 7. My preview video looks great HD like it should, but the program/out does not, it's not even close to HD, what gives? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: New Here & to Apple Final Cut Pro, need advice
on Apr 25, 2014 at 3:54:16 pm

You can independently set the outgoing codec/format to be different from that which you have in the timeline. Go to the top drop-down menu, first tab that says "Final Cut Pro", scroll down and find: "Audio/Video settings", and make sure the sequence preset and video playback settings are the same. Then, if your system uses an external video input/output board like black magic or AJA, there are prefs there that must ALSO match, to get the final output to be whatever it is you want it to be.

Return to posts index

Dave Gray
on Apr 25, 2014 at 3:58:39 pm

I'll check that out Thanks! What I use is SD cards from a JVC HD camcorder & then edit & share/burn to a DVD.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:23:39 pm

How did you import the footage? What did you convert it to?

And you do know that DVDs aren't HD, right? They are SD. BluRay is what you need for HD, and for that you need third party software like Toast.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave Gray
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:29:06 pm

Right, just wanting to get the highest SD on to disk I can. Would love to upgrade, but can't yet

Return to posts index

Dave Gray
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:31:02 pm

Imported via a SD card in mov

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 25, 2014 at 5:01:20 pm

[Dave Gray] "Imported via a SD card in mov"

MOV just means that it's a Quicktime file. Quicktime is a container, like a can. What is IN that can? Peas? Carrots? Peaches? Quicktime can be one of many "codecs," ProRes, H.264, HDV, DVCPRO HD, Animation, Sorenson...and so on.

FCP only works well with specific editing codecs...the ones it works with are in the EASY SETUP list.

As for making the best SD DVD, use Compressor's DVD BEST QUALITY presets, and then use DVD Studio Pro to author.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]