FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 on Mavericks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ieva Kalnina
FCP 7 on Mavericks
on Apr 25, 2014 at 10:42:26 am

HI,

I'm a new one here, but still I hope to get some good answers to my problem.

I have on my iMac a Mavericks and I'm using without any problem all the others editing programmes, but now I have to have a FCP 7 also, even if I already have FCP X.
So I wanted to know if there is any way how to download and instal a FCP 7 to a Mavericks? Some extra plugins or something!!!

Please, some help!!!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7 on Mavericks
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:25:36 pm

First off, FCP 7 isn't a downloadable install. They only sold that on DVDs. Second, it was discontinued 3 years ago, so the only way you can get it is used, on places like eBay.

Third...Mavericks and FCP 7 aren't rock solid. Mavericks wasn't written with FCP 7 in mind..as it was discontinued 2 years before Mavericks came out. There are minor random issues with FCP 7 on Mavericks...mainly related to sync.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 25, 2014 at 7:02:22 pm

I have had conflicting info about this, but at least one COW poster says he's had success by copying all his install disks, and all the download updates from Apple's server, into a dedicated external drive, which he then uses to generate a fresh install whenever he needs to wipe and rebuild his boot drive, using some custom scripts he wrote.

The other line of thought I've read before that guy's post, was that you need to start with a blank drive, do a clean install of Snow Leopard OS first, then the FCS 3 DVD's, then the downloaded updates off home-burned DVD's. Only then, upgrade to Mavericks.

Personally, I would do this, up to the point of updating to Mavericks, then use carbon copy cloner to save the entire shebang a a disk image, and put that away on a USB hard drive or two. Only then would I do the Mavericks update.

Return to posts index

Matt M, PA
on Apr 29, 2014 at 12:49:55 pm

Indeed, sync is a problem.

I checked with the Apple store folks (one of whom is fairly knowledgable about video) as well as some other sources that said FCP7 will work with Mavericks. And, it does...sorta.

My audio is delayed going through an UltraStudio 3d box...but not when using built-in audio. Blackmagic says they are aware of this and suggested changing a different version of Desktop Video...but this has yet to work.

My issue is that I wanted to update Motion, as well as a couple other things that needed Mavericks. I had planned to set up a second partition, etc...but didn't. (Another example of thinking "it'll be fine" and paying the price of not taking the additional step)

I've also downloaded a trial version of FCP X....which does sync fine.

We'll see what Blackmagic comes back with today...

Return to posts index

Matt M, PA
on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:02:09 pm

An update. I've installed the latest version of Black Magic's desktop video, and the sync problem with Final Cut Pro 7 in the operating system Mavericks is fixed.

Return to posts index

Alexander Hölzl
on May 20, 2014 at 8:21:25 pm

After updating to OSX 10.9.3 my FCP7 won't open. It tries to start, but while loading things on the startup screen, it jumps back to the finder.

I'm completely angry, after trying several hours to fix this problem. Any of you experienced similar crashs? What can I do? Really need to work with FCP7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]